Wednesday 30 January 2013

Food for thought

Marinated salmon with sweet potato mash                                        stuffed pumpkin



Thought I would share my latest culinary creations as I have to say they both tasted uh-mazing. Firstly, the salmon, a recipe I stole off my mum and adapted slightly to suit my student food cupboard;

You will need
  • Salmon fillet
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 inch ginger (grated or finely chopped)
  • roughly a tablespoon soy sauce or fish sauce 
  • 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice (this was my substitute for lemon grass!)
  • tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (I used this instead of actual chilli as I don't like things too hot)
  • 1 clove of garlic (grated or finely chopped)
  • a bit of butter 
  • tinfoil
So, once you have gathered everything it is pretty simple, it basically all goes into a tinfoil parcel and popped into the oven at 170 for 20 minutes. For the mash I used 2 sweet potatoes, a bit of milk and butter and also ripped up a big pinch of chives into it. The salad was just from a packet, and, boom! a tasty and pretty healthy meal.


Next we have a yummy stuffed pumpkin, we followed this recipe, but pretty much ended up adding everything in our fridge! We were really pleased with how it came out as it was pretty much just experimentation.  

Meg x






No comments:

Post a Comment