Saturday 24 November 2012

November Glossyox


I was really impressed with glossybox this month. There was quite a big full sized product, Indian Rose face cream, although this doesn't wow me in many ways it smells nice and does moisturise. next up we have an exfoliating powder from dermalogica. This is a new concept to me, a powder that you mix with water to create a smooth lather, massage on your face for 1 min then rinse off. I do like this concept as it is a lot kinder to your skin than some harsh 'gritty' exfoliators, though I did kind of miss the feeling of them, this also left my skin feeling a bit tight. The Mango body butter is really thick yet somehow I didn't actually find it to be that moisturising? It's also got a very strong scent which I am not too fond of but if mangoes are your 'thing' then you'll love it. I'm going to skip the nails inc. top coat for now and go to the Burberry body sample, I love receiving these in their little minature glass bottles and this is also a lovely scent that I have really enjoyed wearing. Finally we have the nails inc. top coat, everyone who's everyone raves about this so I thought I would put it to the test a trial it against my Rimmel 5 in 1 base and top coat. I applied OPI's Berlin their done that protecting it with Rimmel on my left hand and nails inc. on my right, I even did the sweep along the end of the nail to seal everything in. Fast forward to thursday where my nails inc. hand is looking pretty shoddy, all tips chipped. Whereas my rimmel hand still looked lovely, not a chip in sight! I took a picture below for reference, its kinda hard to see the chips as it is a white background but they are definitely there! So on first impressions I am not that impressed but I will give it another go nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment