Friday 7 September 2012

£50 boohoo style challenge




I recently got emailed by Karen Robinson from fashionvouchers.com  where, to celebrate Boohoo making it in to their top 10 fashion saving websites, I got asked to create an outfit on a budget of £50 from the boohoo website. I decided to go with the kind of outfit that I would wear for casual evening drinks with friends in a bar (very specific lol).

I started off with this cut out dress (£12) which I found in the clearance section of boohoo, I love the sneaky peek of flesh through the cut out which definitely makes it evening wear worthy. The plain block colour also means it can be mixed with almost anything in your wardrobe, everybody loves a versatile piece. I then saw this cropped denim jacket (£15) again from the clearance section, This is not only a good cover up but the cropped shape means it will draw the eye to the gorgeous cut out detailing, all this gives the illusion of a smaller waist. Flatforms definitely took off not too long ago, though with the usual suspect being black a went for these orange flatforms (£15) to inject a pop of colour into my outfit. I then echoed the orange in this patterned purse (£8) the only item in this outfit not from the clearance section! I think this ties in with the shoes really well and I am actually very impressed with the outfit I have managed to create.

Total = £50.


Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment