Tuesday 24 July 2012

mini spiced banana cakes.


So I did a bit of baking yesterday ( I am a cake fiend) and made some scrumptious mini spiced banana cakes. In the picture they look very plain and boring, I would have topped them with a lovely icing but unfortunately had run out of cream cheese :(. I used this recipe as a base but made some tweaks. I swapped  pecans and sultanas for crushed walnuts and currents, replaced dark rum with a Jamaican ginger drink someone had bought back from their travels and also added a bit of ginger spice. I halved this recipe as I was making mini cupcakes yet it still looked like a cakes worth of mixture to me. The cakes themselves came out really nice, not to sweet and a succulent moist texture.

are you a banana cake fan?

Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment