Wednesday 15 February 2012

Valentines day


So although I did not have my other half this valentines due to him working away I still got in the spirit and gave my nails a valentines treat for a night with the girls!
I started off by preparing my nails with a base coat of Rimmel London 5 in one nail care, a good product which is not too expensive. I then applied two coats of Ruby and Millie nail colour in Pink 450c, a bright pink that is not for the faint hearted! I do own "Bring on the bling" by OPI which is a gorgeous glitter nail varnish ( though unfortunately mine has gone a bit gloopy) but I felt that gold glitter wouldn't have looked right for these nails. So in an experimental moment I used glitter eye liner instead, I just used a cheap silver glitter eye liner to dab on the ends of my nails and slowly drag down to get a graduated effect. When this was dry I then used my Rimmel base coat as a sealer,worked perfectly!

Meg x

P.s In the second picture I thought the big box of love hearts my boyfriend got me last weekend would be a suitable "prop". It also a gentle reminder to myself that I must try MUAs love hearts collection! So cheap and chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment