Tuesday 7 February 2012

trend alert









The picture at the very top  is Louis Vuitton’s spring 2012 spring campaign, showing that pastels are still around to stay! There is no better way to banish the January blues than to start planning your outfits for the warmer weather, and for me, nothing says sunshine like floaty pastels. This shirt I think is a perfect summer staple, it is sheer so you will need to wear a cami underneath, unless you have an oh so pretty bra to show off. It is also so versatile! It can be layered, belted, done up, undone, or used as a cover-up if you are by the beach on holiday in your bikini, or need to pop into the shops while you are sunbathing. If you want to be a bit more covered up then these jeans available in a gorgeous array of summer colours are perfect. Of course pastels can also be worn in the chillier months; I have fallen head over heels for this cable knit jumper as it reminds me of my childhood jumpers that I would get trussed up in on a cold day, though unlike  the pieces back then this is cute and wearable, with just a hint of nostalgia.  Jewellery completes every outfit so if you are wanting some adornments to marry to your sherbet sweet clothes palette then this bracelet and this necklace, which I have come to adore for their dainty quirkiness, are fabulous. I also think that they would look equally good paired with just a plain white in order to show off the lovely muted colours.

P.S I am having trouble getting all my pictures next to each other in a post, so apologies while I figure that out!
Meg x








No comments:

Post a Comment